Things To Pray For
The churches in Mozambique and Angola face huge hurdles but we know that “with the help of my God, I can scale a wall” (Psalm 18:29) so please pray for our brothers and sisters in Africa.
Below are some pointers or if you prefer you can print off our monthly prayer diary by clicking here. MANNA monthly prayer.
For the countries
- Please pray for the cyclone recovery work by our churches in central and northern Mozambique. In Angola please also pray for those affected by the drought situation in Cunene which is largely unreported.
- Please pray for the pre-election period in Mozambique which is becoming more violent. We pray for peace, justice and the pastoral ministry of the church.
- Please pray for the push towards eliminating land mines in Angola.
For the church
- Please pray for the Mozambican and Angolan Diocesan strategic plans that they will grow the people of God in depth and numbers.
- Please pray for the Nora Sturges Health Centre in Lobito and it’s huge needs in training, resourcing, refurbishing and fundraising.
- Please pray for effective community development within the dioceses that teams such as Equipa de Vida in Niassa and Acção Social Anglicana in Lebombo that they continue to thrive and the people of God grow in holistic depth of issues of social justice and mission.
- Please pray for MANNA – that all we do, builds up the local churches in Mozambique & Angola & grows God’s kingdom.
For the clergy
- Please pray for Bishops Carlos, Andre, Manuel & Ernesto – that God will grant them daily the wisdom, strength, vision & humility to lead the churches.
- Please pray for the family of those clergy who have died and pray that God raises up more men and women like them.
- The Vicar Generals and clergy of the new missionary dioceses.